The world of work is changing:
- There is no longer such a thing as a job for life; only a life of jobs.
- Your current skills will be out of date in five years; an employer will train you to do a job, but is unlikely to prepare you for your next job.
- There is now a move towards “bring yourself to work”: your connections; your perspective; your individuality and your tools
Do you have the new personal skills, tools and attitude to survive and thrive in this new world of work?
- With almost limitless access to formal and informal professional development opportunities, will you be taking advantage of what’s available to you?
- Are you building a professional network of trusted colleagues and other connections relevant for your career?
- Are you creating your personal brand to demonstrate your skills and knowledge and promote yourself to potential employers?
This new Guide – available later in 2014 – is aimed at helping students (and others) acquire the new personal skills and toolset they will need not just to survive but also to thrive in this new world of work.